Our Law Firm gives you the opportunity to work with a smart, motivated and diverse peer group. Our exclusive focus on Canadian immigration and related business matters means you will practice in an exciting, ever-changing and challenging environment with people who are passionate about immigration.
We offer a collegial, team-oriented work environment. Our lawyers and staff learn from industry leading experts. Our commitment to quality and best practices is supported by technological innovation that benefits our clients and staff.
In this role you will be providing Canadian legal advice in connection with all Canadian Immigration and Related Business applications and processes.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Communicate with client and colleagues on complex case matters, including risks and prospects for success, processing times and procedures, industry and file related trends, and any inadmissibility matters.
- Liaise with Canadian Visa Processing Centres, Embassies, Consulates, and High Commissions.
- Manage allocated client accounts and their active and inactive matters.
- Oversee the work of staff and case managers.
- Analyze and Review the client’s circumstances and objectives to establish case strategies.
- Review of client documents and flag any issues to clients.
- Review documents drafted by staff and case managers to ensure legal compliance and quality standards are met.
- Draft correspondence to a client on file matters.
- Display professionalism and quality service.
Must Possess The Following:
- Canadian Law Degree (LL.B., or JD) required
- Member in Good Standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Membership in the Bar of Ontario
- Min. 3 years of Business Immigration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Ability to contribute to positive work environment