Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist firm attorneys with all aspects of case management in accordance with the law firm’s policies and procedures
- Coordinate between attorneys and firm staff, including any outside partners engaged or working with the firm on any case matter.
- Organize and maintain all case files in accordance with the law firm’s policies and procedures.
- Conduct legal research, prepare case summaries, monitor all file specific deadlines or important dates, and perform any other tasks as assigned by a firm attorney.
- Draft immigration applications, prepare file submissions, prepare client correspondence, and prepare any other file related documents for attorney review
- Review legal documents to ensure adherence to all legal requirements
- Consult with attorneys and provide recommendations with regard to cost and time-effective ways to accomplish the client’s goals
- Communicate case status with clients and outside counsel as requested
- Paralegal certification is acceptable, but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Previous case management experience is needed – preferably acquired in and immigration law practice
- Experience preparing, filing, and managing immigration applications and submissions and conducting legal research is vital
- Proficient in Office, Adobe, PC Law, INS ZOOM, and other case management software
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple matters at once
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills as well as effective communication skills, both written and oral